Monday, February 25, 2013

My Oscars Scorecard


The following were my predictions for the Oscars (as predicted verbally, to my wife, sometimes within seconds of the winner being announced):

Best Picture: Argo 1/1
Best Actor: Day-Lewis 2/2
Best Actress: Lawrence 3/3
Best Director: Lee (I said "Shoot, with the way Life of Pi is going, Ang Lee will probably win" - that counts as a prediction, right? :)) 3/4 (I officially predicted Spielberg)
Best Supporting Actor: Waltz 4/5
Best Supporting Actress: Hathaway 5/6
Adapted Screenplay: Kushner 5/7
Original SP: Moonrise 5/8 (similarly, I said Django should win)
Animated: Brave 6/9
Foreign: Amour 7/10
Short Animated: Paperman 8/11
Costume Design: Anna Karenina 9/12
Cinematography: Life of Pi 10/13
Documentary feature: I said "I know nothing, but I bet Sugan Man wins" 11/14
Editing: Argo (I said "I hope it wins since Ben wasn't nominated") 12/15
Makeup/Hair: Les Mis 13/16
Song: Skyfall 14/17
Music: Lincoln (at the last second, I said "Oh, it's John Williams? That'll probably win") so nope 14/18
Production Design: Lincoln 15/19
Short Film: n/a (wasn't in the room) 15/20
Sound Editing: Zero Dark Thirty (tied Skyfall) 16/21
Sound Mixing: Les Mis 17/22
Visual Effects: Life of Pi 18/23

Not too bad for my first attempt at predicting the entire night.

No comments:

Post a Comment